Startup Grind Ottawa:
Interview with Ethan Song, CEO, Frank+Oak
Some of the most important points Ethan had to share with us about business, community, and the future of retail / ecommerce included:
- There are so many things that you have to do well – having the best product is not enough.
- There was no solid idea, we didn’t have a background in tech, we didn’t have a background in fashion (…) We wanted to do something that impacted lots of people.
- The pain point that we had to solve was making shopping simpler and more engaging for the customer.
- You need to first understand what you want to do as an entrepreneur and then find investors that align with that.
- If you’re not thinking of mobile commerce, you’re already 5-10 years late.
- Having a localized space enables us to have a deeper relationship with our customers and offering them a unique & engaging touchpoint.
- What you sell and who your target audience is are not the same thing.